What if ... The disappearance of the angry atheists

10/30/19 1:32 AM
7/26/12
anthonyMI -

Pissed off young guys between the ages of 16 and 25 who think they are better than everyone else have different internet movements to fall into now.

Partially true as well 

10/30/19 1:42 AM
8/10/17
angryinch -
fartastic - 

How do you know,that you know?
Or, how do you know,that you don't know?

lol....I remember the thoughts I had when I smoked my first joint too.

Lol. I can't handle weed. Took a hit of some hydoponic shit about 12 yrs. ago and it knocked me out cold. Some of the best sleep I ever had.

10/30/19 2:09 AM
12/4/08
Jayn200 -

After a while you just realize that anyone who believes in religion just isn't a logical person so why waste the effort. 

You can show them unlimited amounts of evidence to disprove their beliefs but they don't budge at all. How much time can you spend arguing with someone with an average IQ of 80 before you just give up and move onto something more productive. 

This. Its old and boring. If believers truly want to wake up, the info is out there. Listen to guys like Matt Dillahunty, Sam Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens etc if you really want to find the truth. Personally I just got tired of trying to convince brainwashed people that they were brainwashed.

Edited: 10/30/19 2:35 AM
4/13/12
fartastic -

both are forms of gnosticism or claiming to know.  agnosticism does not calim to know.  you can be a thiest or an athiest and either a gnostic or agnostic.  this is a pretty simple explanation.

I would say most athiests are agnostic athiests.  gnostic athiests are obnoxious and usually the ones arguing about religion, calling the faithful idiots, and using expressions like flying spaghetti monster.

10/30/19 5:32 AM
3/15/19
SillyGoose -

I've already noticed a trend of people switching back to the faith because of how ridiculous some atheists have become. 

I'm calling it now, it's going to be trendy to be a Christian in the next decade. 

Yea the opposite. 

10/30/19 5:34 AM
3/15/19
EFM -
fartastic -

both are forms of gnosticism or claiming to know.  agnosticism does not calim to know.  you can be a thiest or an athiest and either a gnostic or agnostic.  this is a pretty simple explanation.

I would say most athiests are agnostic athiests.  gnostic athiests are obnoxious and usually the ones arguing about religion, calling the faithful idiots, and using expressions like flying spaghetti monster.

Both Gnostics in that pic seem annoying and obnoxious. 

10/30/19 5:46 AM
3/23/14

10/30/19 6:12 AM
9/10/07
Looney Ronulan Paultard -

Studies show atheism dying out. 

Belief in contraception, global warming, nihilism result in the lowest birth rates of all belief groups. This coupled with the emerging scientific findings and a backlash against pc culture is slowing growth.

Statistically speaking, the numbers are in decline. The non athiestic communities are exploding in birth rates in comparison. 

What study is this?

Generation Z is the first in American where the majority are not Christian (49%). 4 in 10 are non religious.

10/30/19 7:15 AM
2/5/05
Awarnica -
SillyGoose -

I've already noticed a trend of people switching back to the faith because of how ridiculous some atheists have become. 

I'm calling it now, it's going to be trendy to be a Christian in the next decade. 

Yea the opposite. 

“In the United States, Christians will decline from more than three-quarters of the population in 2010 to two-thirds in 2050.” “Four out of every 10 Christians in the world will live in sub-Saharan Africa.”

wiki says that ^

christianity is growing in Africa and China but shrinking domestically. 

10/30/19 7:20 AM
2/5/05
dabigchet -
Looney Ronulan Paultard -

Studies show atheism dying out. 

Belief in contraception, global warming, nihilism result in the lowest birth rates of all belief groups. This coupled with the emerging scientific findings and a backlash against pc culture is slowing growth.

Statistically speaking, the numbers are in decline. The non athiestic communities are exploding in birth rates in comparison. 

What study is this?

Generation Z is the first in American where the majority are not Christian (49%). 4 in 10 are non religious.

It looks like atheism is declining but no religious affiliation is dramatically increasing. 

Surveys show that Americans without a religious affiliation (which include 'nothing particular', agnostic, and atheist), sometimes referred to as "Nones" range around 23.8%,[3] 26%,[2] 24.8%,[4] 36%,[5] 21%,[6][7] and 31.4%[8] of the population, with 'nothing in particulars' making up the majority of this demographic. Since the early 1990s, independent polls have shown the rapid growth of those without a religious affiliation

10/30/19 7:45 AM
2/4/06

Atheists don't spread their seed and they're dying out. Good riddance

10/30/19 7:53 AM
6/14/12

no point in arguing with people who hold an illogical and irrational position based soley on belief rather than evidence or sound thinking.

10/30/19 7:58 AM
12/29/06
Sonester Sambo - 

Spoken like a true forgiving Christian and by that I mean hypocrite.

10/30/19 8:04 AM
2/4/06
WidespreadPanic -
Sonester Sambo - 

Atheists love to spread the worm food ideology. Only fitting these Soul-less weirdos meet their destiny. 

10/30/19 8:04 AM
6/14/12
WidespreadPanic -
Sonester Sambo - 

atheist numbers are growing not shrinking.

religions are slowly dying out.

10/30/19 8:20 AM
6/15/19
I don't think its healthy to define yourself in terms of what you are not i.e. not religious. I think it's just not that interesting to think about atheism for one thing.
10/30/19 8:23 AM
2/4/06

These meaningless idiots kill themselves in record numbers. Their aren't that many of these atheists around. Most suicides are atheists. I guess they really want to be worm food after all 

10/30/19 8:44 AM
12/4/08
Sonester Sambo -

These meaningless idiots kill themselves in record numbers. Their aren't that many of these atheists around. Most suicides are atheists. I guess they really want to be worm food after all 

^^^ Brainwashed retard prime example

10/30/19 9:27 AM
1/1/01

There is a younger generation inspired by the "New" Atheists. Rationality Rules and Cosmic Skeptic are two young British atheists with Youtube channels. There's an American former fundamentalist named Genetically Modified Skeptic.

10/30/19 9:45 AM
3/14/04
EFM - 
fartastic -

I don't agree with that characterization.

For example, an atheist can say that while it's possible that some kind of god exists, he knows if such a creature does exist it's definitely not the creature portrayed by christianity or any other specific religion.

This is no different than someone saying they don't know what the square root of 6,938,987.00012 is but they know it's not 2.

I may not be able to explain precisely how gravity works but I know it's not caused by giant invisible elephants pushing everything together.

Like those examples, I also know that the imaginary god creature described in the christian bible is a crock of shit.
10/30/19 10:37 AM
1/3/18
The Leg Collector -
Jayn200 -

After a while you just realize that anyone who believes in religion just isn't a logical person so why waste the effort. 

You can show them unlimited amounts of evidence to disprove their beliefs but they don't budge at all. How much time can you spend arguing with someone with an average IQ of 80 before you just give up and move onto something more productive. 

This. Its old and boring. If believers truly want to wake up, the info is out there. Listen to guys like Matt Dillahunty, Sam Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens etc if you really want to find the truth. Personally I just got tired of trying to convince brainwashed people that they were brainwashed.

Yep. Ironically, trying to have a logical and rational discussion with a theist is just like trying to have a rational and logical discussion with a leftist. 

Interestingly enough, both employ the same tactics of ad-hominems, logical fallacies and blatant ignorance of facts. It’s like being stuck on a nascar track trying to talk to them and get beyond their circular reasoning. 
It’s not worth the time.

Overall, most religious types have evolved to be far less harmful than the militant leftists and anti-theists, which may be why most atheists in the center would rather deal with religious liberals than antifatards

10/30/19 11:02 AM
7/4/05

Thanks for the walk down memory lane, guys.  These posts remind me of the glory days of the OG, when there was no twitter or SJWs, and trannies were a punchline instead of an oppressed, bathroom-denied minority. 

10/30/19 12:20 PM
8/2/19
EFM -
jspeed -
EFM -
jspeed -
TheHawker -

From the mid to late 2000s on the internet in general and this forum in particular, there was a sizable contingent of "fuck religion, flying spaghetti monster, i believe in science bro" types who would dominate any talk of religion, evolution, etc.  It seems that's all but disappeared and those people have morphed into alt right, anti-SJW warriors who've found common cause, or at least a cold peace, with right wing religionists to take on the wacko left.

I think it comes down to the fact that we (atheists) won. When I was growing up, it was hard to find someone around me who was NOT religious.  Now it's hard to find any one that is.

Fighting against religion is on par with fighting people who think the earth is flat or that dinosaurs never existed.  You can do it for jokes, but the fight has been won.

Behold, the gnostic athiest.

I dont know about me being 'gnostic'.  That's true to some extent I suppose... in the same way you 'know' that there isn't an invisible elephant behind you right now or an imperceivably small leprechaun in your ass. i.e. you dont really know but you know.

Its a weird universe we live in.  Anything is possible.

Well if being agnostic means that you believe that there being a God is as likely as there being a leprechaun up your ass then I think you would find 99.9999% of atheists would be fine identifying as 'agnostic'.

10/30/19 12:37 PM
8/15/07
Christianity is responsible for much of the progress of Western civilization. Reject it at your, and society's, peril.
10/30/19 12:41 PM
2/5/06
To a point

I'm an atheist that became greatly turned off by a lot of other atheists, especially on other social media. The left has a lot of atheists, more than the right does, I witnessed them doing exactly what we disliked and argued against with religious people. They became sheep, the days of appreciating and promoting logic, critical thinking and skepticism over emotional appeal seem to be long gone. Now it's blindly following the side that is against the right, it's more important to be against the religious, conservatives or republicans and they'll forgo logic and critical thinking to do so.

The "movement" absolutely became a religion