UnderGround Forums Hey Mike Perry this why you're broke

3 days ago
3/5/12
You decided to marry a boat anchor who contributes no income and is high maintenance.

You thought it was a good idea to buy 10-15 pairs of gucci shoes to train in.

You have a new designer outfit every single time you make an appearance

You bought an out of warranty Mercedes AMG E-Class for probably close to sticker, when you should have bought a Camry or Accord. Sweet carbon fiber hood though bro!

I could go on but you get the point.

You're poor because you have terrible money management skills, not because you aren't paid enough.
3 days ago
4/18/08

Sure he should get punched in the face for millions of people’s entertainment and go drive home in a Camry. People like mike perry for all his outfits and antics in addition to his fighting. If you take all that away he’s just Jake ellenberger and no one cares

3 days ago
9/24/18

Yep, for the income he's made just some simple money management decisions/skills would have him living a perfectly cushy life right now. Unfortunately he's trying to live like a millionaire when he's far from one. 

3 days ago
7/15/04

3 days ago
7/25/04

All those Gucci shoes should get pretty good mpg’s walking around broke.

3 days ago
10/2/12

I know he pays dues to Jackson/Wink and the standard 10%-20% for management, agent and whatever else. This in addition to taxes, he might be seeing 40% of his earnings. My question is, how much of the dues and percentages can be written off as a business expense? That’s exactly what they are. 

3 days ago
12/24/10

Clown without a circus. All flash no cash- broke idiot. 

3 days ago
12/24/10

Mike “Tin” Perry

3 days ago
12/7/10

So if Dana White buys 22 Gucci shoes or 500lbs of fake snow for a birthday party, you say party on bro, but the fighter who BREAKS HIS NOSE FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT does the same, then he's a worthless profligate??

pathetic bro.

3 days ago
2/24/07
TFK_HossPearson - 

I know he pays dues to Jackson/Wink and the standard 10%-20% for management, agent and whatever else. This in addition to taxes, he might be seeing 40% of his earnings. My question is, how much of the dues and percentages can be written off as a business expense? That’s exactly what they are. 

He should be netting at least 55% of his gross. Yes all expenses, like trainer expenses, are taken off the top. He grossed $410k in the last 13 months, meaning he’s prob netted at least $225k.

He’s clearing around $20k/month in the past year
3 days ago
2/9/14
stainlesssteel -

So if Dana White buys 22 Gucci shoes or 500lbs of fake snow for a birthday party, you say party on bro, but the fighter who BREAKS HIS NOSE FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT does the same, then he's a worthless profligate??

pathetic bro.

Dana white is worth something like 500 million. 

He can afford anything he wants. 

Perry clearly spends more than he makes

3 days ago
10/30/14

I love when average idiots take joy at people who have risked it all to be the pinnacle of their industry.

A guy like Mike Perry fights for the top MMA organization in the world and literally takes years off his life every time he fights. Could he manage his money better? Absolutely. But he’s an exciting fighter, not a tax consultant.

Boring guys like OP like to call him stupid. Well, yeah. Maybe he wasn’t born to work for NASA, but he was born with fists and heart, and he’s making the best of that. 

3 days ago
6/23/12
FrontBroRian -
TFK_HossPearson - 

He should be netting at least 55% of his gross. Yes all expenses, like trainer expenses, are taken off the top. He grossed $410k in the last 13 months, meaning he’s prob netted at least $225k.

Keep your side job for awhile. Invest your money, rather than spend it. The career window is pretty small for these guys. Make as much as you can and try to make it last you the rest of your life. Real estate is a nice investment. Cars and shoes, not so much.

3 days ago
3/5/12
Rear Naked Bloke - 

I love when average idiots take joy at people who have risked it all to be the pinnacle of their industry.

A guy like Mike Perry fights for the top MMA organization in the world and literally takes years off his life every time he fights. Could he manage his money better? Absolutely. But he’s an exciting fighter, not a tax consultant.

Boring guys like OP like to call him stupid. Well, yeah. Maybe he wasn’t born to work for NASA, but he was born with fists and heart, and he’s making the best of that. 

Holy fuck man, make sure you grease up that corn hole before it gets carved tonight.

These people you're white knighting for don't give a fuck about you and would seek to shake my hand for the brutal honesty I am giving them.

Now go get your shine box mate.
3 days ago
2/24/07
RockTheVote - 
FrontBroRian -
TFK_HossPearson - 

Keep your side job for awhile. Invest your money, rather than spend it. The career window is pretty small for these guys. Make as much as you can and try to make it last you the rest of your life. Real estate is a nice investment. Cars and shoes, not so much.

Agreed. Just like an nfl athlete who goes late in the draft or signs as a free agent. You’ll make the league minimum of $450k or so but that may be it. Don’t live like you’re making that much because it can end at anytime. Take the large chunks of cash and invest, or at least save it.
3 days ago
10/22/14
TFK_HossPearson -

100%.

Almost every single business expense can be written off. It's just the stuff that typically aren't really business expenses that people try and disguise as business expenses that you get a hard time about.

Edited: 3 days ago
7/22/05
3 days ago
1/1/01
Didnt he marry that thick tall blonde chick real quick? Alot of people on that thread claiming she was a bit of a sugar momma for him, however Im seeing opposite claims here... Whats the deal with her, any nudes or scantily dressed shots will surely help us get to the bottom of everything
3 days ago
3/5/14
FrontBroRian -
TFK_HossPearson - 

That's what he should be doing, but he may be the kind of idiot who just never even paid his taxes and got audited and doesn't even know what's going on.  They might have just taxed him on all his gross earnings because he never had the sense to properly get his taxes done.  That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

3 days ago
2/5/06
kpm58 -

Sure he should get punched in the face for millions of people’s entertainment and go drive home in a Camry. People like mike perry for all his outfits and antics in addition to his fighting. If you take all that away he’s just Jake ellenberger and no one cares

Nobody is forcing him to fight for a living. If he isn't making enough money fighting to support his lifestyle then he should do something else. It's not hard. You think he deserves a better car than a Camry? Buy him one then.

I don't find his antics and outfits entertaining at all, honestly. 

3 days ago
5/8/16
FrontBroRian -
TFK_HossPearson - 

Which is not enough.. in his last fight alone he suffered career and life changing injury. He should take home 100k out. Don't know about door bs of whatever, but anytime Perry is out he should earn 100k take home . I was under the impression medical was covered by UFC.

3 days ago
11/17/10
kpm58 -

so just because you get punched in the face for a living, when nobody forces you to do so, you should automatically be driving luxury cars?

i remember my first beer

3 days ago
9/17/11

& you out here making "posts about him!!! lol This guy and his UG economics. You sound like a sour puss. Perry fuck your girl or something?!

3 days ago
11/18/14
Gucci2x -
Rear Naked Bloke - 

Holy fuck man, make sure you grease up that corn hole before it gets carved tonight.

These people you're white knighting for don't give a fuck about you and would seek to shake my hand for the brutal honesty I am giving them.

Now go get your shine box mate.

yeah the guy you quoted is genuinely a better person than you. you can re-read this thread and think about what a good person would hope to be.. or you can fuck off. no one needs to give a fuck about what you think, or do next. 

ttt for rear naked bloke  GOOD GUY

3 days ago
7/24/12

Wigger rich