ARLINGTON, Texas – The Professional Fighters League continues their 2022 season with PFL 2, featuring the heavyweight and featherweight divisions. In the main event, 2021 PFL Heavyweight Champion Bruno Cappelozza (14-5) of Brazil meets Stuart "He-Man" Austin (15-7) of the United Kingdom.
Cappelozza came in at 235 pounds for his 2022 PFL Season debut. Last year's PFL heavyweight king will look to continue his dominance in the league after winning all four of his fights last season, including three by knockout. Austin weighed 245.8 pounds for his first PFL season match. Stuart comes in with championship experience, having previously held championships in ELITE MMA Championship and BAMMA. Twelve of Austin's 15 career wins have come by way of stoppage.
In the co-main event, two-time PFL featherweight champion Lance "The Party" Palmer (22-5) takes on 2021 featherweight runner-up Chris Wade (20-7). Palmer weighed in at 145.8 pounds, while Wade came in at 146 pounds even.
Also on the card, 2021 featherweight semifinalist Brendan Loughnane (21-4) of the United Kingdom takes on newcomer Ryoji Kudo (10-2-1) of Japan. Loughnane came in at 146 pounds as he tries to build off what was an impressive 2021 campaign that saw him reach the semifinals. Kudo, meanwhile, came in at 145.4 pounds for his PFL and U.S. debut. The former Shooto title challenger has won seven of his last eight bouts and will try to return to his winning ways on the PFL's big stage.
Official 2022 PFL 2 weigh-in results:
MAIN CARD (ESPN2, ESPN+, 9 p.m. ET)
- Bruno Cappelozza (235) vs. Stuart Austin (245.8)
- Lance Palmer (145.8) vs. Chris Wade (146)
- Brendan Loughnane (146) vs. Ryoji Kudo (145.4)
- Renan Ferreira (260.4) vs. Jamelle Jones (237.2)
- Denis Goltsov (247.4) vs. Cody Goodale (253.2)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Ante Delija (247.2) vs. Matheus Scheffel (251.6)
- Bubba Jenkins (146) vs. Kyle Bochniak (144.4)
- Klidson Abreu (249.2) vs. Adam Keresh (239.6)
- Sheymon Moraes (145.2) vs. Boston Salmon (145.4)
- Alejandro Flores (146) vs. Saba Bolaghi (145.4)