LAS VEGAS – UFC returns to UFC Apex with a thrilling lightweight contenders' bout featuring No. 11 ]-ranked Arman Tsarukyan taking on No. 12 Mateusz Gamrot. The co-main event will see No. 10 ranked welterweight Neil Magny attempt to halt the momentum of undefeated No. 15 Shakvat Rakhmonov.
"UFC on ESPN 38: Tsarukyan vs. Gamrot" will take place Saturday, June 25 at UFC APEX in Las Vegas. The main card will be available on ESPN and ESPN Deportes, as well as simulcast in English and Spanish on ESPN+, starting at 10 p.m. ET . The prelims will kick off on ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+ at 7 p.m. ET.
One of the top lightweights in the sport today, Tsarukyan (18-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) looks to extend his five-fight win streak in his first UFC main event opportunity. During his last two trips to the octagon, he secured impressive knockout wins against Joel Alvarez and Christos Giagos. Tsarukyan now aims to become the first person to finish Gamrot with a statement performance.
Thrilling grappler Gamrot (20-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) plans to continue his journey up the 155-pound rankings with a breakout performance. A Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, he has earned dominant wins over Scott Holtzman, Jeremy Stephens and Diego Ferreira. Gamrot now hopes to dispatch Tsarukyan and break into the top 10 for the first time in his career.
Magny (26-8 MMA, 19-7 UFC) returns to action seeking to take sole possession of the record for most UFC welterweight wins. A longtime fixture in the top 10, he holds notable victories against fellow ranked opponents Geoff Neal and Li Jingliang. Magny now has his sights set on dispatching another rising welterweight contender.
Rakhmonov (15-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) hopes to bolster his undefeated resume by taking out his first ranked opponent. In his first three UFC outings, the rising star has collected wins over Carlton Harris, Michel Prazeres and Alex Oliveira. Rakhmonov is now looking for another victory to maintain his 100 percent finishing rate and continue his meteoric ascent up the rankings.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- A heavyweight bout sees Josh Parisian (14-5 MMA, 1-2 UFC) battle Alan Baudot (8-3 MMA, 0-2 UFC)
- Bantamweight prospects lock horns as Nate Maness (14-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) seeks to hand Umar Nurmagomedov (14-0 MMA 2-0 UFC) his first loss
- Chris Curtis (28-8 MMA, 2-0 UFC) squares off with Rodolfo Vieira (8-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) at middleweight
- Shayilan Nuerdanbieke (36-10 MMA, 1-1 UFC) meets TJ Brown (16-8 MMA, 2-2 UFC) in an intriguing featherweight bout
- Light heavyweight finishers collide as Carlos Ulberg (4-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) returns against Tafon Nchukwi (6-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC)
- Dana White's Contender Series Brazil signee Thiago Moises (15-6 MMA, 4-4 UFC) battles Christos Giagos (19-9 MMA, 5-5 UFC) at lightweight
- Raulian Paiva (21-4 MMA, 3-3 UFC) takes on Sergey Morozov (17-5 MMA, 1-2 UFC) in a bantamweight clash
- Bantamweights Brian Kelleher (24-13 MMA, 8-6 UFC) and Mario Bautista (9-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) aim to steal the show
- JP Buys (9-4 MMA, 0-2 UFC) and Cody Durden (12-4-1 MMA, 1-2-1 UFC) meet in a flyweight bout
- Vanessa Demopoulos (7-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Jinh Yu Frey (11-6 MMA, 2-2 UFC) square off at strawweight