Skip to main content

BKFC Fight Night Jackson 2 results: Alan Belcher knocks out Frank Tate in first round

Belcher expected to next face BKFC heavyweight champ Arnold Adams.

JACKSON, Miss. – In front of a sold-out Jackson Convention Complex, Alan "The Talent" Belcher (3-0) knocked out "Big" Frank Tate (2-2-1) in the first round (1:01) in the main event of BKFC Fight Night Jackson 2 on Saturday night. The outstanding fight card was broadcast globally on the new BKFC app.

The victory for the popular Belcher, scored with a massive right-hand headshot, launched him to the No. 1 contender of the BKFC heavyweight championship held by Arnold "AJ" Adams who watched from ringside.

"The plan was to stay low and land the overhand right which knocked him out," Belcher said. "I have knockout power, and I'm the best bare-knuckle fighter in the world."

"I said if Belcher gets past Tate, he's next, so let's do it," said Adams of the highly anticipated heavyweight battle.

In the exciting co-main event Robbie "Problems" Peralta (3-0) out worked Martin "Trey" Brown (3-2) in their lightweight clash. After three action-packed rounds fought at even measures between the quick strikers, Peralta turned up the pressure and seemingly took control of the fight in the fourth stanza. Landing huge shots in the final round, Peralta continued to break through against Brown's slick defense to solidify the decision.

Scores for the victorious Peralta by split decision were 48-47, 48-47 and 47-48.

"The plan was to keep coming at him and keep the pressure on him," Peralta said. "I want a shot at the title now."

Fighting in the cruiserweight division, Quentin "Hero" Henry (5-1) knocked out Sawyer "Diesel" Depee (2-2) in the second round. In a matchup of strong southpaws, Henry dropped Depee towards the end of the opening stanza with a piston-like jab. The valiant DePee continued into the second round where he was met with another huge left-hand from Henry with the fight being called to a halt upon the second knockdown (0:18).

Said Henry after the tremendous performance, "I want Lorenzo Hunt, I'm tired of him running his mouth like I'm not here."

A highly anticipated welterweight fight between Jeremiah "Big Rig" Riggs (1-2), and Billy Wagner (1-0) came to an unfortunate ending when Riggs suffered a knee injury in the opening round. With Riggs unable to continue Wagner was awarded a TKO victory.  

In the lightweight division, Bobby "ODB" Taylor (4-1) blasted Arthur Walcott-Cessay (1-1) to the canvas twice with two lead left hooks earning the stoppage at the 1:35 of the opening round.

In an action packed middleweight bout, Brad "Machine Gun" Kelly (2-1), stopped Stanislav Grosu (1-2) in the third round (1:36). The shorter Kelly was able to work inside on the taller Grosu in the second half of the first round landing several power shots from both hands. Both fighters hit the canvas in round two, first Kelly from a counter right hand followed by Grosu being dropped from a huge right cross. The end came from a barrage of punches from the bloodied Kelly as Grosu was badly hurt and not throwing back.

Welterweights were in action making their BKFC debuts and opening the main card as Brett Williams (1-0) impressively landed a massive right hand to the jaw of Frankie Shughart (0-1), as the fight was called to a stop at 1:01 of round 1. The ferocious performance by Williams cemented his status as someone to watch in future BKFC fights.

In the preliminary portion of the card, 18-year-old Tyler Sammis (1-0), was aggressive and explosive with a huge three punch combination dropping the valiant Phil Ramer (0-1), who was unable to continue. Time of stoppage was 1:00 of the first round.

Opening the prelims Tim Hester (1-0) made his successful BKFC debut with a unanimous decision over Christian Torres (1-2). Scores were 50-44, 49-45 and 49-46.