NEW YORK – The Professional Fighters League today announced that welterweight Magomed Umalatov and heavyweight Denis Goltsov were forced out of their semifinal bouts due to their inability to secure a visa to enter the United Kingdom. Saturday's fights will be held at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, Wales. They have been replaced with alternates Dilano Taylor and Juan Adams respectively.
Umalatov had earned the fourth seed on the strength of a first-round knockout in his lone regular season bout. He will now be replaced by Taylor who upset well-respected veteran Joao Zeferino in his season debut before dropping a tough one to 2018 PFL welterweight champion Magomed Magomedkerimov in his second bout. Taylor entered the season as an alternate after an impressive win in the 2022 PFL Challenger Series and is the former Titan FC welterweight champion.
Taylor steps in after the first two alternates, Magomedkerimov and two-time PFL champion Ray Cooper III were unable to compete.
Adams was added as an alternate for the second half of the regular season and the big man did not disappoint. He earned five points by dispatching Sam Kei via TKO in a barn-burner of a heavyweight affair. He will now step in to face Matheus Scheffel, who defeated 2021 champion Bruno Cappelozza in his last fight.
"It is very unfortunate for these two fighters who fought and earned their spots in the playoffs," PFL president of fighter operations Ray Sefo said. "Both Umalatov and Goltsov were impressive in their regular season fights and were contenders to win the championship. Despite that, we are pleased we have such a deep roster to go to and are excited to see what Dilano Taylor and Juan Adams can do with this great opportunity."
The 2022 PFL Playoffs 2 lineup includes:
PFL EUROPE QUALIFIERS (ESPN+, 4:30 p.m. ET)
- Will Fleury vs. Anthony Salamone
- Vojto Barborik vs. Radu Maxim
- Moktar Benkaci vs. Francesco Nuzzi
MAIN CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 2 p.m. ET)
- Rory MacDonald vs. Dilano Taylor – welterweight semifinal
- Ante Delija vs. Renan Ferreira – heavyweight semifinal
- Matheus Scheffel vs. Juan Adams – heavyweight semifinal
- Sadibou Sy vs. Carlos Leal – welterweight semifinal
- Nathan Kelly vs. Ben Ellis
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 12 p.m. ET)
- Joshua O'Connor vs. Emran Sakhizada
- Mick Stanton vs. Marcin Wojcik
- Chris Mixan vs. Christian Stigenberg
- Hatef Moeil vs. Szymon Bajor
- Lee Chadwick vs. Przemyslaw Mysiala