DUBLIN – Today, Bellator MMA has confirmed two more thrilling contests have been added to the preliminary card for its return to Dublin's 3Arena on Friday, September 23.
Swedish star Karl "King" Albrektsson (13-3 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) will hope to silence the loudest fans in the world when he takes on Ireland's Karl Moore (9-2 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) in the light heavyweight division. Meanwhile at welterweight, American Dante Schiro (8-3 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) welcomes SBG Ireland's Luca Poclit (6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) to the Bellator cage for the first time in a contest that promises to produce fireworks.
"Bellator 285: Henderson vs. Queally" will air live on Showtime Friday, Sept. 23, at 4 p.m. ET, while the preliminary card airs live on the Bellator MMA YouTube channel, Showtime Sports YouTube channel and Pluto TV beginning at 12:30 p.m. ET.
In Ireland, the event will air on Virgin Media Two and Virgin Media Sport, while in the U.K. on BBC Three and BBC iPlayer at 9 p.m. BST, while the preliminary card airs live on Virgin Media and BBC iPlayer at 5:30 p.m. BST.
The newly-announced bouts join a mouthwatering cast of top MMA talent already announced for the event, featuring legends of the sport, homegrown stars and international challengers hoping to spoil the Irish party.
With the additions, the Bellator 285 lineup now includes:
MAIN CARD (Showtime, 4 p.m. ET)
- Benson Henderson vs. Peter Queally
- Melvin Manhoef vs. Yoel Romero
- James Gallagher vs. Brett Johns
- Mads Burnell vs. Pedro Carvalho
- Leah McCourt vs. Dayana Silva
PRELIMINARY CARD (YouTube, 12:30 p.m. ET)
- Brian Moore vs. Arivaldo Lima da Silva
- Karl Albrektsson vs. Karl Moore
- Darragh Kelly vs. Kye Stevens
- Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Kane Mousah
- Kenny Mokhonoana vs. Alex Bodnar
- Luca Poclit vs. Dante Schiro