KSW 71 took place Saturday evening from the sold-out Arena Torun in Torun, Poland.
The main event saw Marian Ziolkowski (25-8-1) retain his KSW lightweight title with a hard fought victory over a game contender in Sebastian Rajewski (12-7). This is the Golden Boy's third straight title defense
Dutch kickboxing legend Errol Zimmerman (114-13 K1) scored a TKO win over former KSW heavyweight champion Marcin Rozalski (22-9-1 K1) in a special mixed rules co-main event. Zimmerman knocked his opponent to the canvas four times to be awarded the victory in a match-up that was K1 contested in MMA gloves. Immediately after the fight Zimmerman called out Izu Ugonoh to a mixed martial arts bout.
Elsewhere on the card, former WBC heavyweight title contender Artur Szpilka (1-0) won his MMA debut with a second round TKO win over former boxing rival Sergey Radchenko (1-2), former featherweight champ Daniel Torres (14-5) scored a big win over former welterweight champ Borys Mankowski (22-10-1), and top Czech heavyweight Michal Martinek (10-3) looked impressive in his promotional debut with a one-sided win over Poland's Filip Stawowy (9-3).
KSW 71 is available to watch live and on demand on KSWTV.com for up to 72 hours after the event.
KSW 71 results include:
- Champ Marian Ziolkowski def. Sebastian Rajewski via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 48-47) – to retain lightweight title
- Errol Zimmerman def. Marcin Rozalski via TKO – Round 2, 1:26 (mixed rules bout)
- Daniel Torres def. Borys Mankowski via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Artur Szpilka def. Sergey Radchenko via TKO (submission to strikes) – Round 2, 2:52
- Jakub Wiklacz def. Bruno Santos via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-25, 30-25)
- Roman Szymanski def. Valeriu Mircea via TKO (hand injury) – Round 1, 5:00
- Michal Martinek def. Filip Stawowy via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Donovan Desmae def. Artur Sowinski via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:42
- Marc Doussis def. Przemyslaw Dzwoniarek via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 2:59