BRAVE Combat Federation's first trip to Germany was supposed to be the meeting spot for arch-rivals Husein Kadimagomaev and Agshin Babaev, who were set for a rematch after their first fight ended in a no contest. However, Babaev was forced to pull out due to logistical reasons, so unfinished business remains unfinished for the Lightweight enemies.
However, Kadimagomaev (8-1) will still fight at BRAVE FC 61, as the Swiss phenom now takes on Brazil's Jose Marcos Santiago Lima Jr. (11-6), who comes in with a black belt in muay Thai and six wins by stoppage in his career. The bout will be contested at a catchweight of 73 kilograms (approximately 161 pounds).
Another change to the fight card happens in the middleweight division. Enrico Cortese is once again forced to pull out from his scheduled bout against Chad Hanekom (7-2), with South Africa's "Superman" now facing off against Mateusz Janur (5-4) in what is now a catchweight bout of 89kg.
With BRAVE CF 61, held in association with leading local promotion NFC, Germany will become the 28th nation to host the organizatuon. BRAVE CF 61 takes place on August 6 in Bonn.
The latest BRAVE CF 61 fight card includes:
- Marcel Grabinski vs. Joilton Lutterbach
- Max Coga vs. Zafar Mohsen
- Kleverson Cruz vs. Islam Dulatov
- Husein Kadimagomaev vs. Jose Marcos Santiago Lima Jr.
- Gamzat Magomedov vs. Borislav Nikolic
- Alisher Abdulaev vs. Jarno Errens
- Issa Isakov vs. Ahmed Labban
- Chad Hanekom vs. Mateusz Janur
- Wladimir Holodenko vs. Axel Sola
- Brice Picaud vs. Mohammed Trabelsi
- Lazar Todev vs. Patrick Vespaziani