UnderGround Forums Kamaru Usman: From boo-birds to must-see

11 days ago
1/16/21

Over the last six years, Kamaru Usman has solidified a place as one of the best fighters on the planet. With 13 straight wins and three welterweight title defenses, he is now in the conversation as one of the best 170-pound fighters the Ultimate Fighting Championship has ever employed. However, his run to elite status has not been paved with highlight-reel finishes, and displays of freakish athleticism that turned him into a viral sensation. Yet, in what has been at times an unexciting run to prominence, he’s become a must-watch talent in the industry. It’s why I believe Usman is the most excitingly unexciting UFC champion in recent memory.

This piece isn’t an attempt to diminish the UFC’s current welterweight king. It’s more an analysis of why such a skilled fighter on a historic run, somehow went unappreciated for so long. Because it wasn’t until the last year or so that the “Kamaru Usman Bandwagon Express” really started filling up seats amongst the mixed martial arts fan base.

Check out the full piece for my analysis of Usman's going from less than exciting to a must-see talent. Agree or disagree Underground?

Evolution of Kamaru Usman: From boo-birds to must-see

11 days ago
6/27/02

This smokin hot thread confirms. Everybody just can't stop talking about the guy!

11 days ago
4/21/06

May be an image of 2 people and text that says '"" 320 HES UT HOO This fight's not dead. Honestly, I'd be shocked if this fight Ibetween Usman and Masvidall doesn't happen... They're pretty close from what I'm told. ARIEL HELWANI on the rematch between Kamaru Usman and Jorge Masvidal via DC Helwani'