UnderGround Forums TFerg: F@$% your Makhachev 'bribe'

11 days ago
1/1/01

Tony Ferguson had one of the great runs in MMA lightweight history, winning twelve in a row, earning eight performance bonuses for his last eight wins, and for a time picking up the interim belt. Simultaneously, undefeated UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is having the best run in lightweight history. Fights between the two were snakebit like Ragnar Lothbrok, having been canceled on five occasions.

Then at UFC 249 "El Cucuy" lost, badly, to Justin Gaethje, who fights "The Eagle" at UFC 254 on October 24. Dominance MMA founder Ali Abdelazziz manages the careers of Nurmagomedov, Geathje, and about everyone else at the top of the sport, including Islam Makhachev, who is on a six-fight win streak. The manager wants Ferguson to fight Makhachev.

It seems a little improbable considering that this is the UFC's top 15 contenders:

1. Justin Gaethje
2. Dustin Poirier
3. Tony Ferguson
4. Dan Hooker
5. Conor McGregor
6. Charles Oliveira
7. Paul Felder
8. Diego Ferreira
9. Al Iaquinta
10. Kevin Lee
11. Beneil Dariush
12. Islam Makhachev
13 . Gregor Gillespie
14. Drew Dober
15. Donald Cerrone

Abdelazziz sweetened the pot, offering TFerg an additional 100/100.

And Abdelazziz set Nurmagomedov to make the case for his fellow Dagestani fighting Ferguson, who is now 36.

"Nobody can be the same for a long time -- one day, somebody gonna beat you, something gonna happen, God doesn't give nobody the power, reaction, mental, one level, always," said Nurmagomedov to ESPN staff writer Brett Okamoto. "One day you're going to go down and his day come. It was May. Tony Ferguson is finished now. He's gonna come back, and someone gonna beat him again, I believe. Because when you take damage like this, you'll never going to be the same. Never. Even if you're Tony Ferguson."

"Right now, [Ferguson] have choice. He can come to Fight Island and fight Islam. Islam have six-fight win streak, he is almost in the Top 10. Why not? Why he don't want to take this fight? UFC is going to give him good money. Ali is going to give him $100,000 and $100,000. After this, maybe he can fight for the title if he win. But I think his time is finished."

Tony Ferguson was not impressed.

So that's not happening. UG, who should Ferguson fight next?

11 days ago
12/29/10

Last Tony tweet is nonsensical and hilarious 

11 days ago
11/8/08

I love Twitter Tony. 

11 days ago
5/22/17

Tony don’t want that Islam smoke 

11 days ago
8/3/11

Twitter Tony would have smashed Gaethje into Bolivia.

11 days ago
12/2/11

Who is Ferguson gonna fight 

11 days ago
8/26/11

I don't know how anyone roots for this idiot.

11 days ago
8/20/03

One day someone is going to mouth-check Ali...

11 days ago
12/6/11

I really would have liked Tony vs Khabib.  It makes it interesting considering Khabibs strength is his wrestling/control and Ferg is solid in his BJJ.  Justin had the upper edge since they kept it standing but things may have been different if it went to the ground.

11 days ago
3/13/12

After Justin vs Khabib I really wanna c Tony vs Conor for #1 contender, both men will come to fight n wont back down it would b fireworks

11 days ago
6/22/12

Id say no to the fight as well, just because dude is saying ill only pay you what i owe you if you fight. Like no bro u owe me u pay me wtf

11 days ago
7/28/02

He should take the money with the stipulation he gets Khabib if he wins

11 days ago
7/7/16
Captain Canuck -

One day someone is going to mouth-check Ali...

Its very high on my list of things i wish would happen

11 days ago
10/12/13

Does Ali think he’s Sean Shelby now?

10 days ago
11/10/19

Chandler is the real threat to Kahbib! 

10 days ago
4/19/17

Khabib should really stop talking about who people should fight and how he won't fight certain people now. Once he gets his ass best by Justin then he won't have any negotiating room. Conor will then beat Justin and Khabib will then have to sit there and wait because Conor will tell him he won't fight him for even $5 billion just like the idiot Khabib said.