UnderGround Forums Twitter reacts to 1st Cris Cyborg submission win

13 days ago
1/1/01

Cris Cyborg made her MMA debut in 2005, and lost via submission (kneebar). Maybe that turned her off submissions, because although she earned a brown belt in jiu-jitsu from Andre Galvao, for the next 15 years, across 23 fights with only one more loss, she never won via sub. Until Thursday night in the main event of Bellator 249, when she successfully defended her featherweight belt vs. Arlene Blencowe via rear naked choke.

Edited: 13 days ago
1/1/01

And then Twitter reacted.

13 days ago
7/18/05

Maybe she'll FINALLY get her black belt. Congrats Cyborg!

13 days ago
2/24/11

I will always watch a Cyborg fight. High volume strikes, violence guaranteed and now we can expect submissions. She alsi seems like a nice genuine person. 

13 days ago
10/6/02
Good for her. Nice to see someone who has been fighting so long make change
13 days ago
1/1/01
GrindOnLine - 

I will always watch a Cyborg fight. High volume strikes, violence guaranteed and now we can expect submissions. She alsi seems like a nice genuine person. 

I've met her a couple of times. Incredibly kind and humble person.

12 days ago
3/24/11

Great performance by Cris.

12 days ago
3/23/06
Kirik -
GrindOnLine - 

Who keeps removing Nytron from my ignore list????

12 days ago
11/18/14

I have watched Arlene fight and she is a beast. says a lot that Cyborg can turn it up and quickly overwhelm someone that good.

12 days ago
3/23/06

TTT for Kirk man 

12 days ago
12/28/10

Man I feel she would starch nunes in a rematch too bad it's never going to happen.

12 days ago
1/1/01
Kirik -
GrindOnLine - 

Did she know that you were the lord of the ug?

12 days ago
1/1/01
Floppy Divac - 
Kirik -
GrindOnLine - 

Did she know that you were the lord of the ug?

Yah! I was supposed to call a fight with her, but my broadcast partner was so happy, and the seating was tight, so I defered to him :-)