UFC & MMA Fight News for Sept. 23: Diaz unhappy with Lawler rematch, Woodley getting tattoo, Tate has COVID
Mixed martial arts is a constantly churning cauldron of news, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship is usually the big spoon that often stirs the fight news cycle. So much news can come on a given day that it’s hard to catch up with it all. That’s what MixedMartialArts.com hopes to solve in this space each and every evening.
In this daily fight news report, you’ll get the latest rumblings of the day from the world of cage fighting and beyond. Find it all below fair lover of gloved and ungloved violence.
Today’s UFC news
- Nick Diaz thinks he can ‘beat the sh*t’ out of UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman, and isn’t thrilled about this Lawler rematch
- Is Jon Jones really trying to bulk up to 275 pounds?
- Nasrat Haqparast was finally able to get his visa and will have 32 hours to fly from Germany to Las Vegas and make weight for UFC 266
- Miesha Tate has tested positive for COVID-19, and her UFC Fight Night headlier against Ketlin Vieira has been postponed (Via Sherdog)
- Manon Fiorot vs. Mayra Bueno Silva has been removed from UFC 266 due to COVID-19, and has been moved to the Oct. 16
Today’s combat sports and MMA news
- Before he competes in a featherweight title eliminator at ONE: Revolution, check out our chat with former champion Martin Nguyen above
- Also take a look at our interview with another ONE: Revolution fighter in MMA newcomer in BJJ superstar Marcus “Buchecha” Alemida
- It seems that Tyron Woodley really wants a rematch with Jake Paul, and plans to get that “I love you Jake Paul” tattoo
- ONE bantamweight champion Bibiano Fernandes thinks John Lineker doesn’t have what it takes to be a world champion (Exclusive)
- Dana White says “good luck” to Bellator in dealing with Yoel Romero
- Watch the ONE Championship’s press conference from last night, featuring many of the top fighters from Friday’s ONE: Revolution card
Latest fight news
- A fight between Bill Algeo and new Dana White’s Contender Series contract winner Joanderson Brito is planned for the promotion’s January 15 card
- Francisco Trinaldo vs Gabe Green set for the UFC event on Oct. 23 (via MMAFighting)