Dawson and Gordon now meet in a lightweight matchup at a UFC Fight Night event on April 30 that is expected to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The Underground today confirmed the new pairing with two people with knowledge of the booking.
Dawson (17-1-1 MMA, 5-0-1 UFC) is still unbeaten in his UFC run, though he did have to settle for a majority draw in his most recent outing, an October clash with Ricky Glenn, who turned in a valiant third round to salvage the result after dropping the first two frames. Prior to the result, Dawson had won eight consecutive fights, including UFC wins over Leonardo Santos, Nad Narimani, Darrick Minner, Mike Trizano and Julian Erosa.
Meanwhile, Gordon (18-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC) competes for the second time back at lightweight following a brief experiment at 145 pounds. Gordon was last in action the same night as Dawson, picking up a split-decision win over Joe Solecki and now owns a three-fight winning streak after also besting Danny Chavez and Chris Fishgold.
With the change in the lineup, the UFC Fight Night event now includes:
- Rob Font vs. Marlon Vera
- Jessica Penne vs. Luana Pinheiro
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Grant Dawsone vs. Jared Gordon
- Carlos Candelario vs. Tatsuro Taira
- Gabe Green vs. Yohan Lainesse
- Tristan Connelly vs. Darren Elkins
- Gina Mazany vs. Shanna Young
- Daniel da Silva vs. Francisco Figueiredo
- Cortney Casey vs. Antonina Shevchenko
- Jake Collier vs. Justin Tafa
- Mike Breeden vs. Natan Levy