UFC 265 medical suspension round-up
The final fight results of UFC 265 are officially in the books, but after every bout comes the state commission’s final medical reviews.
Unlike previous events, all 26 participants on the Houston, Texas card were able to avoid long-term suspensions from training. The longest mandated break was handed down to preliminary competitor Anderson dos Santos. After suffering a technical knockout loss and notable damage to his lead leg from opponent Miles Johns.
However, also unlike recent Ultimate Fighting Championship events in Las Vegas, the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation are less forthcoming on the full details on the specific injuries incurred by fighters on the card.
The event, held inside the Toyota Center, saw a new interim heavyweight champion crowned when Ciryl Gane stopped hometown favorite Derrick Lewis by technical knockout in the third round. Other notable winners included bantamweight star and former 145-pound champion Jose Aldo defeat Pedro Munhoz by decision, and top-five talent Vicente Luque submit Michael Chiesa in the welterweight featured bout.
You can find the full rundown of UFC 265 medical suspensions below.
UFC 265 medical suspension results
Ciryl Gane def. Derrick Lewis by technical knockout, round 3 (4:11)
- Gane suspended until 8/17/21
- Lewis suspended until 9/7/21
Jose Aldo def. Pedro Munhoz by unanimous decision
- Aldo suspended until 8/17/21
- Munhoz suspended until 9/22/21
Vicente Luque def. Michael Chiesa by submission, round 1 (3:25)
- Both Luque and Chiesa suspended until 8/15/21
- Both Torres and Hill suspended until 8/29/21
- Yadong suspended until 8/17/21
- Kenney suspended until 9/7/21
- Both Fiziev and Green suspended until 8/29/21
- Morales suspended until 8/17/21
- Rodriguez suspended until 8/29/21
- Menifield suspened until 8/17/21
- Herman suspended until 10/7/21
- Penne and Kowalkiewicz suspended until 8/15/21
- Kape suspended until 8/15/21
- Osbourne suspended until 10/7/21
- Johns suspended until 8/17/21
- dos Santos suspended until 10/17/21
Victoria Leonardo def. Melissa Gatto by technical knockout, round 3 (0:10)
- Leonardo suspended until 9/7/21
- Gatto suspended until 8/17/21
- Both Munoz, Jr. and Simmons are suspended until 8/15/21